Hotel Paxton, Omaha Nebraska 1942
The first Paxton Manor was built in 1882 and named after William Paxton, a local legend who made his fortune in cattle and trains. President McKinley and Buffalo Bill Cody stayed there. It was demolished in 1927 to make way for the new Hotel Paxton. It opened for business on June 26, 1929. With interior design by Marshall, Field and Company of Chicago, features included four dining rooms, a barbershop and a ballroom, along with amenities including elevators, telegraph and cable services, and a rooftop dog kennel with runways. Room rates started at $2.50 a night. The hotel closed in 1964 and the building reopened in 2004 as The Paxton Grand Condominium.
Courtesy Private Collection.
Each print is accompanied by a copy of the interior menu where available.
We make our prints with archival-quality fine art paper, using professional pigment inks. Properly framed or stored, our prints will last 70+ years without fading or discolouring.
All our prints up to A2 size are made in-house in the UK. For larger prints, we work with the best commercial giclée printers in the UK. Learn more about our printing process, borders and custom orders here.